Monday, August 6, 2012

Quote of the Week #1

I love quotes. I love how a single sentence can be enough to give you an instant feeling for the entire book or make a lasting impression. So I thought that I would do a weekly post about my favorite quotes of the week.
I'll start this "feature" off with a quote by the one and only Nora Roberts. Enjoy!

"Rebecca." Patient, he cupped her face in his hands. "Your brain is only one of the very appealing things about you. I like watching you think almost as much as I like watching you when you can't think. Whatever it took to get you to this point doesn't matter. Because you're here."
She let out a sigh. "It's hard to stop wishing you could be normal."
"Baby, you are normal. It doesn't mean you can't be special."
from "The Fall of Shane MacKade" by Nora Roberts

Sigh. Now if this isn't the most romantic thing I ever heard.
I love it when a romance hero accepts the heroine for what she truly is, even if he's not all that happy about it in the beginning. ;]

Did you recently read a quote that left an impression on you? Came across a sequence in a book you especially loved? What are your thoughts on this quote? Share! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment