Thursday, October 11, 2012

About "reading slumps" and MAJOR distractions...

I realize I've been very VERY inactive these last weeks (I can't believe it's been weeks!), but that's because I'm kind of taking a break from reading. It definitely wasn't planned and I'm still not sure why, but for some reason I just don't feel like reading.
It's a new and very confusing situation for me. I never felt like this before. There were times when I didn't enjoy books as much as I did usually, but I can't remember a time where I haven't read a book in WEEKS! It's been more than two weeks that I finished a book. Yes, I started some and I also read a great "extra chapter", but that's it... 
On the other hand I'm also suprisingly relaxed about it. I don't want to force it and also don't feel the need to open a book (I'm not sure if that shouldn't worry me even more).
I'm sure that a big part of the problem is the fact that I'm in complete "Korean-mode" right now. I'm watching tons of Korean TV programms (even though I wouldn't even dream of watching those from my own country), dramas and all kinds of music videos. The trigger for all that? Here he is:

Lee Taemin, vocalist and lead dancer of the South Korean idol group SHINee.
I'm not sure how it even happened, but I clicked (almost randomly) on a Youtube video (always dangerous xD) and there he was. If you have an open mind and want to try something new you might want to check out some of their songs (I would recommend "Lucifer" and "Sherlock") and appearances on TV shows (you'll either hate it and think it's completely ridiculous or you'll get absolutely addicted - like me - so don't say I didn't warn you).
So if you're interested, I've put together some Youtube playlist about KPOP in general - "KPOP Madness" - as well as Shinee and Taemin - "Best Taemin/Shinee Moments". Queck it out, ignore it, do what you want. I know it's a bit... random (xD), but I just thought some of you might be interested. It takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you're not familiar with the language, but I'm very fascinated by the Korean culture and this part especially.

                                                            SHINee
And since I'm already talking about private stuff I thought I'd tell you what I'm doing right now. University has started again and I also got a new job, working at a big cinema in Vienna. Apart from that I'm also learning Spanish. It's great and since I'm really into languages I'm having the time of my life. I'm also planning to learn Korean, but I decided not to overdo it and to tackle one language at a time.
That's the end of my very un-bookish post! ;]

I hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaah, KPop! My love for that! I love Japanese and Korean Doramas so damn much! Now I would love to re-watch mine but I don't have them here yet...damn!

    And boy he really is a cute guy! I totally understand the distraction! I think I will check out the band. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you like KDramas/JDramas as well? Haha, that's great! :D Do you have some favorites? I need a new show to watch because I'm already halfway through "Coffee Prince" and I don't know what to choose next. Some of my favorites are "Heartstrings", "You're Beautiful", "To The Beautiful You", "Playful Kiss" and "Skip Beat" (Taiwanese drama adaption of the manga -> that language sounded even stranger to me in the beginning, I was laughing so much!).

      Ah, yes... Taemin. I feel a bit like a stalker watching all their videos/shows at once, but they are just so much fun and I love Shinee. They're great! Taemin was such a cute kid when he debuted with Shinee, but now... >.< All grown up, but still cute as hell! xD

      Delete
  2. You're speaking from experience, so I'm sure you're right! ;] I think staying relaxed in a situation like that is really important. The moment you try to force it, it only gets worse.

    Hehe, yes it definitely isn't everyone's kind of music/thing, but I'm definitely having a lot of fun right now. The first time I watched a Korean show/listened to a band, I was like -> O.ô It sounded so strange to me! xD

    I think you would have a lot of fun and it's definitely useful, so I'd recommend it. But then I started to get kind of addicted to listening to/learning other languages, so I'm a bit biased ;] Unfortunately I didn't have that mindset while I was still in school, so my five years of French were basically for nothing... sigh. xD

    ReplyDelete